The Association of African Universities (AAU) has intensified its support for students from its member institutions to acquire employable skills before graduating from their universities. Through support from its development partners, namely African Capacity Development Foundation (ACBF) and Swedish International Development Agency (Sida), the AAU has secured funds for its member universities in good standing (whose annual subscription payment to AAU is up to date) to offer small grants of up to US$600 per student for graduate internships.
Please apply online at: https://www.aau.org/subs/grin/
The deadline for application is Friday 19th May, 2017.
Conditions for the Award of the Grant
• Grant applicants should be students pursuing post-graduate degree programmes. Applicants should note that the grants are for training purposes only and not meant for the completion of theses or dissertations.
• Applicants shall commit to undertake an internship programme for a period between twelve (12) and twenty-four (24 weeks).
• Applications should be supported with an authorisation note from the Head of Department of the applicant’s university as well as an official acceptance letter from the establishment wishing to host the intern.
• All applicants should submit a detailed curriculum vitae.
• A detailed but confidential supervisory report would be required from the host institution on the progression of the applicant during the period of internship, and from the university of the applicant on academic progress after the period of internship.
• Past beneficiaries of the AAU Internship Scheme are not eligible to apply.
• Consideration would be given to applicants who have no practical work experience.
Selection of successful applications would be based on a quota system revolving around gender (at least 40% of beneficiaries should be females); country (not more than 10 applicants per country) and language (at least 30% from Francophone institutions).
Expiry date: Friday, 19 May, 2017
Institution: Association of African Universities
Url for more info: https://www.aau.org/subs/grin/
NB : Dear candidate, a cv and motivation letter are essential supporting documents for all International Job or scholarship applications. It is important to consider employer’s needs as well as sell your skills so as to stand out during shortlisting by the Human Resource Manager. Are you tired of writing Applications which end up in the dust bin ? www.kamerbigbang.com has the solution for you. Go to our website, place your order for a professional cv and/or cover letter. Our team of experts will offer you the best services at very affordable prices. This doesn’t make you less intelligent, it simply helps you to better understand employers’ wants. This could be the opportunity of your life to say goodbye to unemployment. Don’t miss it!